The moment that you have FINALLY been waiting for hardcore Nintendo fans (and medicore and casuals alike)… Wii System Update Version 4.0! This anticipating update has the following:
- The ability to play games directly from the SD/SDHC Card.
- The ability to now “Move” Wii Channels and Saved Data from the Wii System Memory to the SD/SDHC Card and vice versa in Data Management.
- Photo Channel has changed from 1.1-a to 1.1-b.
- The Wii Speak Channel has been updated.
- Successfully removes the Twilight Hack
- Successfully fixes the bug used for the Homebrew Channel Installer.
- Added the following ISOs: 38, 53, 55, 60, and 61.
- Patched the following ISOs: 16.
- The Wii now has the ability to use SDHC Cards. The maximum capacity is 32 GB. (Please note that regular SD Cards with a capacity of 2 GB and SDHC Cards higher then 32 GB will likely not work).
- There is now an SD Card Menu where you can boot WiiWare titles, Virtual Console games, and Wii Channels from a SD/SDHC Card.
Wii Shop Channel:
- The ability to download WiiWare titles, Virtual Console games, and Wii Channels directly to your SD/SDHC Card.
- If you click on the “Add Wii Points” section of the Wii Shop Channel, instead of it saying “Wii Points”, it’s now called “Nintendo Points”.
- Virtual Console Arcade is now available.
To learn more about Wii System Update 4.0’s main features, go to: